Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Probably the longest break in this whole project.....

So things have moved on. I have now written a first draft of my methodology. I'm pretty happy with this. I've also made inroads into my literature review (about 4k)... so if my maths is correct i'm at about 20k and am aiming for about 70. Almoooost a third done (at a push). I've also counted up how many qualitative interview i've done and there are about 12 that are long enough to be of use. i would like more but am starting to feel that there's probably enough if need be. I think up until december i will put a concerted effort into meeting people and asking them there views but after that call it a day.

so.. since my last post i have begun counselling again and have also completed most of my work towards getting chartered by the bps. both of these developments have taken up a lot of time and hopefully will calm down from now on - although i now cnsistently have 2 mornings a week taken up by my practice.

I'm trying desparately trying to work out what to write that would be useful. One interesting thing today is that those young people who have said hello have all been people i have met before. they have popped by to say hi and generally to say they are having difficulty reaching someone. this is nice and extends some of my interviews (reinforcing the temporal interview idea). i think there's also something in the way that the individuals felt comfortable contacting me again.. maybe a parallel to therapy.. maybe... the downside for me was it was hard to rem that i had met with them and it was only when i was saving the transcript that i noticed... mmm something to ponder.

see you in about 8 months!!

1 Comments:

At 6:08 am, Blogger Jilly said...

Excellent and superb ideas you shared with us, which are really very much useful for them who want to know about it.
safety jackets and vests

 

Post a Comment

<< Home