Thursday, September 14, 2006

Release of CPR

Hi all

now generally i don't expect anyone to head into this distant corner of the Internet, however as i've noted this address in an article for a special edition of a counselling jounral there may be one or two people popping along this way.

I actually received the final copy of the special edition the other day - well actually for some reason i received three of them, all posted in separate envelopes and all cramming up my pigeonhole at work. Obviously i didn't mind this when i worked out what they were, but with the intitial thought that they were all going to be Masters thesis to mark, i have to admit that my heart sank for a second :(. Fortunately it wasn't the case, unfortunately the marking is still gonna come at some point in time.

The journal itself looks all nice and shiny and hopefully will prove useful to some people. I wonder who will read it? which bits will be of use? which bits are of limited use? etc etc. I also wonder if anyone will contact me about it - i guess i would expect someone to email but maybe i'm wrong. On this note i will have to keep you (whoever the reader is - most probably just william and gudrun) posted.

My PhD is starting to move quite a lot at the mo. I'm actually expecting to enter into the phase of the work. I've been working with Kooth.com to work out what would be the best way to evaluate the service and it looks as thoguh we have come to some decisions and all being well things will be fully operational come October. This is kinda weird because if you were doing a standard piece of research you wouldn't need to add in quite so much time for top end forward planning about technological things - however in this case there has been a lot of this and almost inevitably it's not going to work first time. BUT even though i anticipate this to be a bit of a sticky period (to some extent) it'll be great to actually get some 'data' for my phd work.

Essentially the PhD seems pretty dull at the mo in contrast to other bits of life. I can't remember what i have wrote about in other blogs (I'm not the most avid blogger), but me and my partner are presently goign to have a baby. This is pretty damn exciting for us both, and without hoping to sound like one of those people who talks as though there is no-one else in the world has ever been through this process, it's also pretty daunting. I'm not going to go on about this here for the time being as i could whitter on for hours about it but it goes someway to explaining my slackness in PhD work at the mo. I'm not even goign to mention the attempts to move house where the seller decided to pull out at the last moment!!! :(

That'll do for now - i'm gonna update my website a little now - it's kinda like a tidying the house before inviting people around i guess

take care all and do feel free to leave a message and say hello if you're passing :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home